The national average for “door to diagnosis” in the emergency department is 22 minutes, but 14 of Envision Healthcare-staffed emergency departments beat that time by at least 18 minutes.
Becker’s Hospital Review’s annual list of hospitals with the lowest emergency department wait times included 59 facilities that reported wait times of four minutes or less, according to the “door to diagnostic evaluation” measure in CMS’ Hospital Compare's Emergency Department Care Measures dataset. Envision facilities made up 24 percent of the list.
Congratulations to the emergency medicine teams at the following Envision client hospitals:
- Baylor Orthopedic and Spine Hospital at Arlington (Texas) — 3 minutes
- Belton (Mo.) Regional Medical Center — 4 minutes
- Coliseum Northside Hospital (Macon, Ga.) — 4 minutes
- Denton (Texas) Regional Medical Center — 4 minutes
- Fawcett Memorial Hospital (Port Charlotte, Fla.) — 3 minutes
- JFK Medical Center (Atlantis, Fla.) — 3 minutes
- Lafayette Regional Health Center (Lexington, Mo.) — 4 minutes
- Lee's Summit (Mo.) Medical Center — 4 minutes
- Medical Center of McKinney (Texas) — 4 minutes
- Overland Park (Kan.) Regional Medical Center — 4 minutes
- Poinciana Medical Center (Kissimmee, Fla.) — 3 minutes
- Research Medical Center (Kansas City, Mo.) — 3 minutes
- St. Lucie Medical Center (Port Saint Lucie, Fla.) — 4 minutes
- TriStar Horizon Medical Center (Dickson, Tenn.) — 4 minutes
Wait times data was collected from April 2015 through March 2016. Hospitals with sample sizes of less than 100 and those with results based on a shorter period than required were excluded from the list.