Changing the Horizon of Health Care™
EmCare Hospital Medicine is designed to help hospitals increase medical staff satisfaction, reduce inpatient length of stay, optimize resource utilization, improve E.D. throughput and provide continuity of care for patients. Since 1993, EmCare Hospital Medicine has provided hospital medicine staffing and management services designed to improve service and efficiencies.
Inpatient physician staffing and management services include:
- On-site medical director
- Board certified physicians on-site or on-call 24/7
- Coverage from admission through discharge for referred inpatients, ED admissions, ICU in-house, SNF or long-term care
- Inpatient billing and collection services
- Compliance and risk management education programs
EmCare offers three service models:
- Traditional hospital medicine – Benefits: Decreased lengths of stay; medical staff and patient satisfaction.
- EmCare's Door to Discharge – Benefits: Access to EmCare's proprietary Rapid Admissions Process and Gap Orders evidence-based software; decreased E.D. boarding time; cross-subsidy.
- EmCare's Complete Care – Benefits: Cost-efficient option for smaller volume hospitals; single physician coordinates patient care in both the E.D. and on inpatient floors.
EmCare Hospital Medicine has programs to help hospitals address HCAHPS reform, core measures and value-based purchasing; reduce both inpatient and E.D. lengths of stay; and improve referring physician and patient satisfaction.