EmCare invests millions each year in physician leadership, management and clinical education.
LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE: NATIONAL RECOGNITION.
EmCare puts a high premium on the professional and clinical development of its physicians and other affiliated clinicians. Through the EmCare Leadership Institute, EmCare offers four types of training and development programs: (1) EmCare's National Leadership Conference focuses on the development of leadership skills, (2) EmCare's National Physician Leadership Program focuses on management training for physician executives, (3) EmCare's Divisional Leadership Labs focus on the development of management skills, and (4) EmCare's Compliance / Risk Education programs focus on the development of high standards of clinical care. EmCare also provides client and non-client development programs.
EmCare's National Leadership Conference – This conference is the only program of its type offered in the United States and is the largest annual gathering of emergency medicine leaders in the nation. The 3-day program is focused on leadership development and is attended by EmCare's Medical Directors and nurse executives, and client nurse managers. Industry-leading speakers are featured.
EmCare's National Physician Leadership Program – This program provides executive-level training and development opportunities to EmCare's clinical leadership team members. Program content includes:
- Team engagement and mentoring
- Hardwiring flow – everyone deserves a department that works!
- EmCare's Lean approach to improving care
- Survival skills, the A-Team and attaining service excellence
- Physician accountability: how to get the most from your team
- The C-suite / administrator perspective and insights
- Physician management / support programs
- Quality management initiatives
- Patient experience programs – the difference (Studer Group, Lean)
- Peer review
- "C-suite" communication
- New Site Medical Director orientation
Compliance / Risk Education – The focus is on development of a high standard of clinical care. EmCare's Web-based training system is an open learning curriculum that supports convenient training for physicians. To meet regulatory requirements, mitigate risk and support better patient outcomes, EmCare requires its providers to complete annual continuing medical education on the following topics:
- Recruiting for long-term success
Divisional Leadership Labs – EmCare offers affiliated physicians opportunities to hone their leadership and management skills through participation in the company's Divisional Leadership Labs. Among the programs presented are:
- Effective E.D. management
- Risk management
- CMS compliance
- Fail-safe pathways
- Abdominal pain
- Chest pain
Client Training – EmCare provides on-site education and / or web-based training programs for hospital clients on current relevant subjects including:
- Studer Group tools and processes
- Core measures
- Joint Commission
- Metrics improvement
- Lean – improving patient flow
- Patient experience
The Health Care Leadership Institute Executive Series – Clients and nonclients alike are invited to participate in this series presented by EmCare affiliate BestPractices. This series takes place in different cities from coast-to-coast each year and informs hospital leaders about current best practices for how to improve quality patient care, metrics and the patient experience. Invited attendees include hospital and health system Chief Executive Officers, Chief Operating Officers, Chief Financial Officers, Chief Medical Officers, Chiefs of Staff and Chief Nursing Officers. Sample session topics include:
- Health care excellence
- Leadership for great customer service and patient satisfaction in a value based purchasing, HCAHPS era
- Improving front-end E.D. patient flow: successful change management
- Hospital-wide patient flow: cracking the code
- Door to Discharge with Rapid Admission Process and Gap Orders evidence-based software
- Engaging doctors: changing, managing and influencing physician behavior